The Manhattan luxury $4 million and over market was on fire last week with 37 signed contracts. The best numbers in nine months! Condos outsold co-ops 28 to 5. There were 4 townhouse sales. 22 of the 28 condos were new development. Downtown soared with 22 signed contracts.
Top Sales and Stats
Of the 37 contracts signed last week, here is the breakdown according to Manhattan neighborhood.
- Weekly Sales Volume Total was $296, 252,990 versus $199,815,000 the prior week.
- Average asking price was $8,006,838 versus $8,325,000 the prior week.
- The average number of days on the market was 477 versus 518 the prior week. 180 days is the normal range. Luxury real estate has been taking longer to sell.
- The average percentage of discount from original asking price was 8% versus 6% the prior week.
- The Number 1 signed contract was a townhouse at 146 East 65th Street asking $27 million reduced from $32.5 million. It was the late David Rockefeller’s Townhouse.
- The Number 2 signed contract a condominium at 60 East 86th Street #PH asking $22 million.
Celebrity Real Estate News
Billionaire Gildo Pallanca Pastor Buyer Of $10 Million West Village Condo
The Obamas Aren’t Buying That Upper East Side Apartment
Contact me to receive a free detailed pricing analysis for your Manhattan home. Happy to answer any of your real estate questions.