The Manhattan luxury $4 million and over market continues its strength for the fifth consecutive week! There were 27 contracts signed last week! Looks like we are going to have a very busy luxury market this spring! Condos outpaced co-ops 17 to 6. Wow! For the first time downtown did not lead the market. It was the West Side followed by downtown.
Here is the breakdown according to regions:
- Weekly Sales Volume Total was $237,912,000 versus $204,794,000 the prior week
- Average asking price was $8,811,556 versus $7,061,862 the prior week.
- The average number of days on the market was 366 versus 377 the prior week. 180 days is the normal range. Luxury real estate has been taking longer to sell.
- The average percentage of discount from original asking price was 10% the same as the prior week.
- The Number 1 signed contract was a condo at 432 Park Avenue #PH#94B asking $40.5 million.
- The Number 2 signed contract a townhouse at 9 East 82nd Street asking $17.5 million and sold Fast. Just listed in January.
Top Manhattan Luxury Real Estate Sales and Stats
With the industry celebrating it’s fifth winning week in a row, let’s look at how sales broke down across Manhattan.
Celebrity Real Estate News
Justin Timberlake Wants $8 Million For His Soho Mews Penthouse
Michael Kors Sold Manhattan Condo On The Eve Of Fashion Week
One Of The Richest Men On Earth Said To Be Buyer Of Record-Setting UES Mansion