How do you sell an expired real estate listing?
1. Is your home show ready? Is it cluttered? Does the furniture look tired? Is your home in good repair? Making sure your home shows well will help it sell in less time and for more money.
2. Is your home difficult to show? Do you have a very restrictive showing schedule? Is your broker too busy so showings don’t get scheduled? Increase your chances of selling faster by making your home easy to show.
3. What about the price? Is your home priced correctly or is the price based on “ wishful thinking”? If your home is priced too high you will have to wait a long time for the market to catch up to your price.
4. Repositioning may be needed to get your home sold. Where does your home rank with the other comparables? Your home needs to stand out from the competition.
5. The description – The text should tell a compelling story to promote the best features and amenities of your home. Perhaps it needs to be rewritten!
6. Staging either real or digital. Great staging is a game changer and can make your home sell up to three times faster.
7. Exceptional top-quality photos and an outstanding creative property video are a must. Great property videos sell homes, end of story! Case history: I had a foreign buyer make an offer on my listing based solely on seeing the video.
8. Google your home! It should be on at least 40 real estate websites for maximum exposure. It should be promoted through social media advertising. Today ,homes are selling off of Instagram and Facebook.
9. Market reports – Are you getting weekly reports tracking the number of views your home is getting on the websites, the number of showings and buyer feedback?
10. Is your broker the right one for the job?
- There is little room for amateur brokers without sharp marketing skills or a great track record.
- There is no room for brokers who delegate the marketing and showing of your home to one of their team members.
- Finally, there is no room for apathy about your home. If your broker isn’t passionate or has lost interest in marketing your home you have a big problem.
Would you like to have a second opinion about why your home isn’t selling or failed to sell? Please contact me anytime.