If you are thinking of selling your home, you probably know that you are going to have to invest some time and money in order to get your place sold for the best price. You don’t need to spend a ton of money in order to get your home into show ready shape.
Here are my eight tips on where to spend your money in order to get your home show ready!
1. You need to paint the walls. Walls get dingy over time. A new coat of paint will freshen up your home. A neutral like “linen white” is a great choice.
2. Fix your floors. Get rid of that tired wall-to-wall carpeting. Repair and buff your wood floors. Consider a Berber beige area rug.
3. Do all the repairs and maintenance you have been postponing. Make sure all appliances and lights are in good working order. If an appliance needs to be replaced it need not be expensive but make sure it is a reliable brand and blends well with your décor.
4. Move as much of your stuff into storage as you can. You want buyers to envision themselves living there and for your home to look as spacious as possible.
5. Staging is very important especially if your furniture is tired and dated. At the very least have your home virtually staged by a top stager. It doesn’t cost much and makes a world of difference on how your home shows on line. Buyers can then imagine themselves living in the space.
6. High quality photos and a compelling video are a must to tell the story of your home.
7. Spend money on beautiful flowers. They make such a big impact.
8. There are upgrades that look luxurious and costly but don’t cost a lot. Add a subtle grass cloth wall paper to a wall or add an elegant light fixture.
Take my advice and you will off to an excellent chance of getting your home sold.